• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Goda

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto
Oh wow. What a blast from the past. I actually bought a physical copy of RF Online when it first launched. It was incredibly disappointing. Just a worse version of Lineage 2. This looks pretty but can't really tell what the gameplay is going to be like from that footage.

Oct 26, 2017
Where are the Lunkers?

Decided to do a bit of Old/New comparison. Im really excited about this now, even if it ends up being shit! :D

Catapult MAU - Looks like theyve kinda been amalgamated and upgraded (Singular shoulder cannon)
8JS81ck.png

mod_mau-range.jpg

This thing looks a bit like a warbeast or splinter
Rd95g3V.png

Monster_Warbeast.jpg

Monster_Splinter.jpg

An Accretian (Perhaps based the Hero, Lotan 3rd? That said All Accretians take this kind of design)
sOi7b06.png

08872f64777a414f2b596109f091517d.jpg

R7SLOxH.png

Shots from the cinematic trailers
QMQ4YOq.png

fubqlc3.png

Accretian ships arriving in the new one, Cora in the old
Dexjga7.png

YZ68b32.png

Similarly framed shots. The new one might be a Cora though, silver hair and the armour looks a bit more "regal"
[img"]https://i.imgur.com/YZ68b32.png[/img]
IjfdPbF.png

Quite possibly a Belato, based on the armour (Chunky) and the fact that he later jumps into a MAU. Looks like they won't be looking like Kids this time around
mbVb60b.png

WR-47.png

29739_BRF01.jpg

I'm actually really excited about this, its probably just nostalgia but I really hope they do something good with the IP! I like what I've seen so far, it looks quite inspired by the old game with a modern take, can't wait to see more

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Sorry to double and bump, found an article with a few more details + promo image

RF-Project-poster.jpg

mmoculture.com

RF Project - Netmarble reveals first details for mobile game based on RF Online - MMO Culture

Korean gaming giant Netmarble held its annual “Netmarble Together with Press” or “NTP” event yesterday in South Korea, and as usual tons of Pay-To-Earn, blockchain, metaverse and whatnot news were mentioned. But we will just focus on the new “real” games announced, this time with RF Project...
Netmarble will not be changing much to the original features, including the nostalgic elements such as the sci-fi world view, giant robot mounts, wielding gigantic weapons, or the summoning of Animus.

However, it was mentioned that RF Project will "allow users to freely change their country or class" in order to enrich the game's "narrative."

So perhaps "Races" are out, and we can swap "factions" at will? Interesting choice.

OP
OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Sorry to double and bump, found an article with a few more details + promo image

RF-Project-poster.jpg

mmoculture.com

RF Project - Netmarble reveals first details for mobile game based on RF Online - MMO Culture

Korean gaming giant Netmarble held its annual “Netmarble Together with Press” or “NTP” event yesterday in South Korea, and as usual tons of Pay-To-Earn, blockchain, metaverse and whatnot news were mentioned. But we will just focus on the new “real” games announced, this time with RF Project...

So perhaps "Races" are out, and we can swap "factions" at will? Interesting choice.
Yeah, it looks like you can ride MAU regardless of race, which explains that trailer. I'm not sure about the free factions changing though, but I guess there should be some kind of limitations in place.

As someone who played RF for years back then, I'm quite excited. My biggest concern is the cross-platform thing which will affect the RvR War design one way or another. I also wish this will be more pvp-oritented like the original, like how you can go anywhere and invade like WoW.

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC

RF-Project-poster.jpg

mmoculture.com

Don't worry about bumping, this is fucking HUGE for me. RF Online was a big part of my formative MMO experience

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
I was Bellato Union (don't remember server), I loved (and still love) the idea of an MMO where you get to use a mech. I'm really happy that they've not only decided to bring that back, but it looks like they took the idea for Anthem's flight mode here, which would be WAY better used in an MMO imo.

Oct 26, 2017
I was Bellato Union (don't remember server), I loved (and still love) the idea of an MMO where you get to use a mech. I'm really happy that they've not only decided to bring that back, but it looks like they took the idea for Anthem's flight mode here, which would be WAY better used in an MMO imo.

I was also Bellato, Played on the Spirit server (and then Novus after the merge) in the N.I.N.J.A guild . So much nostalgia :)

Fucking weird timing, I just uploaded this from Sega's TGS 2005 DVD a couple days ago:

What a weird cut!

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Bitdefender freaks out when viewing this thread because it thinks db.rf-classic.com is a dangerous site and I guess some images here are hotlinked from there.

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
The thing is, the setting and the tri faction deal was so unique at the time, and sci-fi MMOs are really hard to come by now.

Techno