Mountain Project Logo

FS: Petzl Micro Traxion , Tibloc, Grigri

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post — This topic is locked and closed to new replies
Marc-Olivier Chabot · · Gatineau, QC · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 440

New Micro Traxion 89$ shipped and Tibloc 29$ shipped. Grigri for 79$ shipped (choose your color) Save 5$ if you take 2 items, save 10$ if you take 3.
Julian L · · California · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 0

Pm'd on micro and tibloc

bump

Gabe Cisneros · · Baltimore, md · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 15

You can use the tibloc as you would a microtrax while simul climbing, right?

Gabe Cisneros wrote:

You can use the tibloc as you would a microtrax while simul climbing, right?

Sorry for my bad English. I'm not sure if I understand clearly your question. Take a look on Petzl website you can download the Tibloc user guide and maybe find your answer. For me Tibloc is like a prusik. Good to climb on a rope, hauling, crevasse and rescue.

dindolino32 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2009 · Points: 25

no, I wouldn't use the tribloc for simul, it could just grab the sheath and rip it since there isn't any camming action. honestly petzl wouldn't condone using it for simulclimbing but I have used it for it.  No falling though

dindolino32 wrote:

no, I wouldn't use the tribloc for simul, it could just grab the sheath and rip it since there isn't any camming action. honestly petzl wouldn't condone using it for simulclimbing but I have used it for it.  No falling though

As Dindolino said you should not catch a fall with that. There is still a camming action make by the carabiner press against the rope on the tibloc. Thats why it recommande round frame carabiner but the teeth on the tibloc does not make grab smooth. A real fall with that will definitively rip the sheath.

Bump

Bump

Jake Thomson · · Yosemite · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 5
  • Pmed about micro
Ti ck · · souf yeast · Joined Jun 2014 · Points: 1,915

I have taken a 6-8ft whip on tiblocs with little to no rope damage(small fray in the rope that I can no longer find) this was while doing a top rope solo, again probably not recommended by petzl but it does work, and there is a cam action in it with the biener pressing against the rope, That's what I get for climbing wet terrain in approach shoes and ripping holds off the wall :P  Tiblocs are a fantastic light weight tool, great addition to anyone's regular set up.

Your price on the micro trax is high ~$73 after tax on this one:
https://www.trekkinn.com/outdoor-mountain/petzl-micro-traxion/448960/p?utm_source=google_products&utm_medium=merchant&id_producte=573860&country=us&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3MqTuOyI1QIVhIKzCh134waZEAkYASABEgJd1vD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Good to know you can fall with that without any damage to your rope. However you will never see Petzl, guide and guidebook recommend this technique. 73$ is a very cheap price. 89$ is not high. It's still the best price for any store in North America. Retail is 120$. It's pretty hard to compete against a store that sell 358 brands and give very cheap price on some climbing gear just to lure some potential buyer. I hope they know something in climbing. How a store could sell overseas at a cheaper price than all store in both USA and Canada? I'm curious. It's really in stock?

Boissal . · · Small Lake, UT · Joined Aug 2006 · Points: 1,541
. wrote:

Your price on the micro trax is high ~$73 after tax on this one:
https://www.trekkinn.com/outdoor-mountain/petzl-micro-traxion/448960/p?utm_source=google_products&utm_medium=merchant&id_producte=573860&country=us&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3MqTuOyI1QIVhIKzCh134waZEAkYASABEgJd1vD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

With Trekkinn it can take up to 8 weeks to get an item to the US. They'll sell you stuff which isn't in stock and you get to wait. I've had good and bad experiences with them. If you want consistency when buying from Euroland try Telemark Pyrenees or Barrabes, they're rarely more expensive and ship consistently fast, most items come in as fast as they would from most US online retailers.

Marc-O, I think in this case the price difference is due to Petzl products being cheaper in Europe + the play on euro/dollar exchange rate. If you buy BD product from Trekkinn you won't save anything... Your price is good.  

two people in this thread confirm micro trax sales at that price and with a reasonable shipping time.  
https://www.mountainproject.com/forum/topic/113297105/wtb-micro-traxion#ForumMessage-113326385

As I said...

Boissal wrote:

With Trekkinn it can take up to 8 weeks to get an item to the US. [...] I've had good and bad experiences with them. 

They're legit and you'll get your micro-trax. It may take longer than expected. 

Boissal wrote:

As I said...

They're legit and you'll get your micro-trax. It may take longer than expected. 

per supplier:
Estimated delivery date at your home between Tue. 25 Jul. and Mon. 31 Jul. (tracked delivery).

. wrote:

per supplier:
Estimated delivery date at your home between Tue. 25 Jul. and Mon. 31 Jul. (tracked delivery).

Per my experience, which is based on actual items ordered and received vs. the store's blanket estimate based on USPS or DHL standard delivery times, shipping can take up to 8 weeks. Do you always trust the internet blindly? 

I was just warning dudebro above that he may not receive the item as early as he'd like. What the fuck is your point? To demonstrate your proficiency with Google? You should use it to find the TGR threads about shipping delays with SnowInn, one of the sister sites of TrekkInn. 

Boissal wrote:

Per my experience, which is based on actual items ordered and received vs. the store's blanket estimate based on USPS or DHL standard delivery times, shipping can take up to 8 weeks. Do you always trust the internet blindly? 

I was just warning dudebro above that he may not receive the item as early as he'd like. What the fuck is your point? To demonstrate your proficiency with Google? You should use it to find the TGR threads about shipping delays with SnowInn, one of the sister sites of TrekkInn. 

na, I just went ahead and ordered a micro trax from them, just sharing my experience and what they told me was the expected delivery time frame. Will post up if it takes 8 weeks. 

really no need to get rude here
have a great weekend

. wrote:

na, I just went ahead and ordered a micro trax from them, just sharing my experience and what they told me was the expected delivery time frame. Will post up if it takes 8 weeks. 

really no need to get rude here
have a great weekend

Well, I hope you get it quickly, waiting on a package for 2 months is frustrating... 

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started